Expression of Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction adalah expression untuk mengungkapkan rasa kepuasan dan ketidak puasan. Tentu anda mempelajarinya di sekolah kan. Berikut daftar expression tersebut:
A. Asking about satisfaction/ dissatisfaction:
- How do you like your room?
- Is everything O.K.?
- Is everything satisfactory?
- Are you satisfied?
- Did you find our service satisfactory?
- Do you want to complain about something?
- Was something not to your satisfaction?
- Are you dissastisfied with something?
B. Expressing satisfaction:
- I really like my new haircut.
- I’m completely satisfied with everything you’ve done for me.
- It was satisfactory.
- Everything is fine, thank you.
- Everything was just perfect.
- I’m happy enough with it.
- It was okay. Not too bad.
- Good enough.
C. Expressing dissatisfaction:
- I am a little dissatisfied with the service here.
- I am a bit disappointed with the program.
- The food was lousy.
- I’m tired of working here.
- I don’t like the color.
- I have a complaint.
- I’m very dissatisfied with the condition.
- I want to make a complaint.
D. Responding to dissatisfaction:
- I see.
- I’m sorry to hear that.
- I’ll look into it.
- I’ll see what I can do about it.
- I’ll try and take care of it.
Paul : Have you read today’s newspaper?
James : Not yet. Is it interesting?
Paul : Yes, the apology from the company. Take a look. The paper is over there.
James : Picking up the newspaper and starting to read it. Is that all?
Paul : Yes.
James : This is not enough. I’m not satisfied yet. The size of the ads should have been half of the page. Besides, the company only apologized but they didn’t mention what they would do.
Paul : Oh, come on. The point is not the matter of the size, but the company sincere to apologize.
James : Still it’s not satisfying.
Paul : I think they have already shown their good will. It’s more than enough.
Answer the following questions briefly.
1. Who are involved in the dialogue above?
2. What is the content of the paper?
3. What does James say to express his dissatisfaction?
4. Why does he feel so?
5. Write Paul’s expression to express his satisfaction.
Source: Look Ahead